“I’m not flexible enough… I’m overweight… I’m too old…
I’m not strong enough… I’m too busy…”
Are any of these thoughts running through your head? There is a common misconception that you must be a certain something before you even try. At Poser Yoga, we strive to create a comfortable, non-competitive environment, especially for our first-timers. We understand that it isn’t easy to try something new, and we want you to feel safe and supported. The hardest part is taking that first step and getting yourself to the studio. Let us guide you from there…. we’ll take care of you!!
Below are a few tips for beginning Yoga students. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to speak with the class instructor. We will be happy to help you!
- Please arrive 15 minutes early, especially for your first class, so we can help you get settled in. (This applies to both Zoom and in-person classes.)
- Wear clothes you can move in.
- During class, it’s okay to take a rest. Should you feel dizzy or out of breath, sit down or lay down, and relax.
- The effects of Yoga are cumulative. Be patient, it may take 10 classes before you begin to feel more confident and comfortable in your Yoga practice.
- Read 10 Things Every Beginning Yoga Student Should Know
- Please read our Studio Etiquette page for extra tips you might not have considered.
Which class should you try first?
All classes are open to beginners, however these are most accessible:
All Levels Flow (Mon/Tue 10AM; Wed/Fri 5:30PM) Virtual & Studio options
Rest & Restore (Wed & Sat 10AM) Virtual & Studio options
With the exception of our Kids’ Yoga, students must be 18+ to attend class. Minors as young as 16 may accompany an adult. In certain situations, accommodations can be made at the discretion of the studio director.
SIGN UP WITH WELLNESS LIVING!
We encourage our students to create their own profile online. You can download our custom branded app from the app store – search ‘Poser YOGA’ to get started or give us a call and we can help – 360-452-6121.